Thursday, January 10, 2013

happy new year!


Happy New Year everyone! 2013. Year of the snake...my year! (and about every other person I'm friends with from elementary school). Aww, I didn't write an entry in December...and I was doing so well too! So close! Oh well, "maybe this year", says every person at the beginning of every new year.

Well, Japan was fun. It was freezing, but really fun. I met up with Christine in Shibuya too! We had a late lunch with my mom at Pomme no Ki, a really good omurice restaurant. I make it a point to eat there everytime I go and get the hayashi with butter rice. Soooo good! Then we walked around a bit and got a little lost, haha! My mom decided to wait for us somewhere so the two of us went to this 3-story Disney store (which had so many cute things!), Tokyu Hands and purikura! Btw, their purikura machines have changed dramatically. No longer cutesy with sparkles, glitter, or girly decorations that threw up all over your pictures, but instead more modern, chic, and focusing on the "pretty" rather than cute. So yeah, I was lost when we went to decorate the pictures.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/61003_10151141568521710_1987868928_n.jpg
 That green tea parfait was delicious!

But me and my mom did the usual otherwise. We went to Sendai, visited the cemetary, shopped. Oh! She met up with a couple of her friends who came to America in September and prior to that she hadn't seen in about 20-30 years I think...

At my uncle's we did the same. New year's eve we stayed in and watched Kouhaku, but this year I was way too tired to go to the shrine at midnight. So the next day, me and my mom went after we did our shopping for the day. We got omikuji again and guess what? I got dai-kichi again! Lucky! I got that last year too and for the most part 2012 was great except towards the end. That was incredibly unpleasant...

We left on Christmas and came back on the 3rd. Then on the 4th I went to ALA!

This year was very chill for me. I was tired half the time because my sleep schedule was messed up and I feel like I didn't do much. I barely hung out on the pool deck because this year it was considered a "badge zone" with hotel employees doing a half-assed job at checking. But because I'm paranoid, I didn't even bother until the last day. I visited Carl's room a couple times and we did go to Denny's the first night at 2am. That might've been the most I did. I fell asleep around 7am both nights and didn't wake up until 1pm or only got 3 hours of sleep because we had to check out. I left a little early on Sunday. 

And guess what? I'm going to New York next week... -____________- and no, not for fun. Ugh. I'm going for a business trip. Ewwww...a WHOLE WEEK! Well, pretty much. I leave at 9:30 Sunday morning and get back at 5pm on Friday. I think this is the most inconvenient thing ever. The only business trips I've gone on are all to Vegas for the MAGIC show. And that time, the whole office would go. This time it's just me, Nagahata and Ito. Thank goodness that Ito-san is going. 

But yeah, I do not want to go. A whole week! I can't do anything! I won't even be able to work properly since the webmail is a bit weird and the emails don't come in properly and I seperate all my emails into folders so I will only be able to see what's in the inbox. 

ANYWAYS. That's not a fun topic. 

Since right before Japan, I was starting to get into Rilakkuma. I was never a hardcore fan, but I do think the character is cute. I have a stuffed toy of him I determinedly got from a claw machine a few years back, but nothing else. I just kept noticing it in Japan and it just looked cuter and cuter each time. At the airport I got another little stuffed toy, but this time it's Korilakkuma with a snake wrapped around her since it's year of the snake. I also got a pen and a little blank notebook.

And just this morning, I actually purchased a live wallpaper from the Google Play Store. I just didn't care because I wasn't able to find any images I was happy with online. So yeah...Rilakkuma boom for awhile.

Well, here's to a wonderful new year with tons of new experiences, laughing, being with friends, and love.

Okay, that's it for now...bye! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment